Выберите правильный вариант
1 He'll send her a postcard when he______on holiday.
a) was c) '11 be
b) were d) is
2. When you see her she______a red hat.
a) '11 be wearing c) '11 wear
b) wears d) wear
3.1 was astonished since I______so many people before.
a) didn't see c) have seen
b) saw d) hadn't seen
4. She is______intelligent but______lazy.
a) quite, rather c) rather, quite
b) quite, quite d) rather, rather
5. We stopped at_______pretty village on______way to______London.
a) the, -, the c) a, the —
b) a, a, - d) the, a, -
6. Who was the last person______the office last night?
a) to leave c) left
b) has left d) leaving
7. That picture is______heavy to hang on the wall.
a) enough c) such
b) so d) too
8. We______a lot of famous people in the last few weeks.
a) have met c) had met
b) met d) meet
9. I had never expected to be offered the job, I was really______when I was offered it.
a) amazing c) more amazing
b) amazed d) less amazed
10. You are always nervous and excited. Why don't you relax ______more?
a) you c) yourself
b) yours d) —
11. We went on holiday with some friends of______.
a) ours c) us
b) our d) him
12. Could you give me a lift? Ten kilometres______too far for me to walk.
a) are c) is
b) not d) aren't
13. My secretary was late for work because she______in the traffic jam.
a) got stuck c) had got stuck
b) has got stuck d) was getting stuck
14. I know he doesn't go out very often these days but ______he______out a lot?
a) did, use to go c) was, used to go
b) does, use to go d) is, used to go
15. If I knew where they were, I______you there now.
a) '11 take c) would have taken
b) would take d) took
16.______Dnieper is______longest river in______Ukraine.
a) the, the, — c) the, a, —
b) -, the, - d) -, a, -
17. You can’t get into the park after 10 p.m. because the gates ______at 10 p.m. every night.
a) is close c) close
b) are closed d) are closing
18. I much prefer______TV to______books.
a) watching, reading c) watch, read
b) to watch, to read d) to watch, reading
19. “I didn’t know that Ann was in hospital.” “______.”
a) So did I c) Neither did I
b) So was she d) Neither I did
20. It would be difficult for me______the work by the week¬end.
a) to have finished c) finishing
b) to finish d) finish